RE: Shipping Rollbar

To: Dwayne Cooper <dcooper@paciolan.com>
Subject: RE: Shipping Rollbar
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 13:35:17 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Dwayne Cooper wrote:

> While we're on the subject of shipping -- I've noticed a bunch of hard
> tops sold on e-bay and always wondered how those were shipped.  I've
> been thinking of selling mine and wondering how shipping could be
> arranged.

You can ship anything. The limiting factor is usually cost.

For really large items, truck frieght is probably the cheapest
alternative. But those companies use forklifts to move stuff, so make sure
you secure the part(s) to the palette really well!

The tough part about truck frieght is that trucking companies generally do
not like delivering to residential neighborhoods. But what that boils down
to eventually is that you wind up going to a truck depot to pick up your
stuff.

So, if you can find someone close to you (geographically), you can save
the shipping hassle and pocket your money rather than toss out $50 to ship
and $200 for a suitable container.

> Dwayne Cooper
> '74

Later,
rml

p.s. by way of expereience, I've shipped computers all over the place. Not
PC's, real computers (like PDP-11/70's in 5 or 10 19" racks) I've even
shipped an entire 40 ft. trailer from Boston to White Sands NM. That was
unique because the trailer had to be loaded onto a flatbed for the trip
owing to the trailer not being roadworthy. Hey - the trailer was "surplus"
and basically free!