Re: Restoration questions, and trans-atlantic bodyshell transport

To: "Dixie" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>, "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Restoration questions, and trans-atlantic bodyshell transport
From: "Brian Furgalus" <bf252201@ohio.edu>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 00:22:18 -0500
Adrian et al,

While I do agree that paying someone to restore it for me would be the road
to ruin, I'm not planning on doing that.  All I'm sourcing out is the actual
shell restoration, which I'm willing to pay for to get it done right.  I'm
not sure I made it clear in my original message, this is a GENUINE TR8, not
a V8 conversion of a TR7.  I'll be stripping the doner TR8 for the
restoration of all parts possible.

The plan is then to refurbish it mechanically and put everything in a nice
body, then retrim.  ALL of this will be done by myself, other than body work
(no talent there!)  I'm totally open to getting a rust-free TR7 shell,
stripping it, priming it, and painting it.  I'm just weighing my options.

-Brian