Shortening of Tach Cable

To: "Wages, Jeffrey" <bzw8@cdc.gov>
Subject: Shortening of Tach Cable
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 19:03:19 -0500
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Wages, Jeffrey"
>Someone mentioned to me a while back to try shortening the tach cable to
correct the inaccurate tach reading (sorry I forgot who that was but
thanks).  I believe that is the solution but I have removed nearly 1/4"
from
the part that goes in the tach itself and it does correct it but not for
long.  I can pull out on the cable a bit from the tach and it runs
accurately.  Should I remove more cable or am I going about this from the
wrong end?  Many thanks,

Jeff-Atlanta
<

Jeff,

Try reversing the cable.  Since it is wound it may be turning in a
direction where the winding is trying to extend the cable into the tach.
Reversing the cable will make it push the cable toward the tach drive in
the dizzy which is much more robust.

Dave