TR6 Wiper Motor Removal

To: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Subject: TR6 Wiper Motor Removal
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 10:53:59 -0500
Message text written by Hugh Fader
>Hello. I'm pulling some of the parts out of the engine bay so I can clean
things up and re-paint. I'm having trouble figuring out how to remove the
wiper motor. I left my Bentley manual with the machine shop and the Haynes
is not much help on this. What's the easiest way to un-hook the cable going
to the wipers? I see this can be done from inside the motor housing by
removing the connecting rod. Is this the only way?
<

Hugh,

You can unbolt the cover and pop out the snap ring that allows you to
remove the big gear so you can detach the cable.

Or you can pull off the wiper blades and just pull the cable out.  The
wiper shafts will spin round and round so you must pull off the blades.

Cheers

Dave