Re: rust removal / rust prevention

To: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>, "'Jon'" <triumph@bigolbear.com>, triumphs <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, Spitlist <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rust removal / rust prevention
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 10:33:43 -0500
I would be very wary of any such device. Magnetic fields and electrical
current charges are nothing to play with. The US government apparently found
this out in 1943, when they were experimenting with using similar devices to
keep barnacles off the hull of war ships. Seems they overwound the item, and
ended up transporting the ship to Virginia and back, also through time to
the future and back. Many were said to have dies grusomely in this
experiment, which took place in Philadelphia., and those who didn't still
experience trauma from it. They tried to pass it off as a semi successful
attempt to make the ship invisible to both radar and lightwave reflection.
Now, I personally would not wish to do this to my car. In the first place, I
have too much fun driving places to want to be teleported there. Second, I
want people to see my little red BC. Third, the whole thing sounds too
dangerous.

Seriously tilted, and pulling your leg,
Scott

PS- I have heard of these devices, but never tried them. I understand they
do work, though second hand info.