Re: Color help wanted

To: Lennart broekhof - SunPS ITops RSC4 <lennart.broekhof@sun.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Color help wanted
From: Raymond Hatfield <iron_horse819@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 11:01:50 -0800 (PST)
--- Lennart broekhof - SunPS ITops RSC4 <lennart.broekhof@sun.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm confused about the color of my car, according to the commission
> plate number
> it should be emerald (65) with black (11) interior. According to the
> British heritage
> form it was 109 Mallard with New tan (Ambla) interior. The rest does
> match, engine
> number etc. It is also defiantly the first paint layer. When I
> started to remove the hood
> and the rear cockpit liner, I saw that the wheel arch covers, which
> are black, actually
> were... New Tan but painted ! I can imagine that somebody changed the
> tan for black, as
> I would do too. So I think the color is mallard and not emerald. Does
> anybody have a picture
> of a car in mallard and or in emerald ?
> I am lost now as mallard is blue/green and emerald green/blue.
>
> (You can see my car at: http://www.lagonda.com/Emerald/emerald.html which I
>    probably have to change...)
>
> So, what color is it, mallard or emerald ???
>

> Lennart

Hello Lennart,

If you go to my website, and look under 'The Other Triumph' you can compare
your car to my wife's Stag - which is Mallard.  This is a very hard color to
photograph, as I think you can tell from the pictures.  Personally, I don't
think your Tr6 is Mallard, but I'll leave the call to you.

Cheers,

=====
Raymond L. Hatfield
'65 TR4A IRS, O/D, SAH Tuned "Chance"