Re: 3.7 or 4.1 Rear End

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 3.7 or 4.1 Rear End
From: "stephen rochester" <srrochester@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 23:29:11 +0000 FILETIME=[8CD723B0:01C1C954]
I've just swaped my TR3A ratios to 4.3 for use in club sprints and hill
climbs etc. The improvement in driveability and control has been very clear
and I would rank it 3rd after revised suspension and the quaiffe limited
slip dif in terms of performance improvement. It is also OK for highway
driving although our speed limit here is 110Kph which is just over 3,000
revs in OD 4th. The TR Register have a neat xls spreadsheet which allows
comparisons of differenr ratios and wheel diameters which is a must It is
accessible at the following site

http://www.tr-register.com.au/Files/technical.htm

Stephen
59 TR3A