TR3A body tub

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3A body tub
From: Todd Richmond <twr@fc.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 15:25:45 -0700
Listers,

I am almost ready to remove the tub of my TR3A off the frame in my total
restoration project.  I plan to work on the frame, suspension, engine, etc.
first, and put most of the body work off till later.  That begs the question,
where do I put my body tub in the meantime?

Well, I have a high enough ceiling in my garage so that I think I have enough
room to hoist the tub up there and leave it for a while.  Now for my
question(s):

1) How much does a body tub actually weigh?

2) Any recommendations as far as hoists go? electric? manual? safety measures?

3) Has anyone done something similar who would be willing to share their
experience?

TIA,

Todd Richmond
1959 TR3A -- TS54425