(no subject)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: (no subject)
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 17:50:36 EST
Folks, any doubts about FT should be dispelled here.
Art Kelly

In a message dated 12-Mar-02 15:15:09 Eastern Standard Time, vafred@erols.com
writes:

>I have the glass bowl, the gasket might have to be rubber though. Your way
>in the A/M   "FT"

Fred, you are a gentleman and a scholar.  Thanks again.

Now for the first time I will have a spare in the boot, although it will be
the repro.  I had a reply from Steven in Denver that the gaskets are
obtainable, so I'll check with TRF for one of those.

I noticed some thing else interesting - the original pumps have circlips on
the ends of the shaft that holds the engine lever.  The repro does not.  I
almost lost that repro shaft on the way back from The VTR SE Regional in
Sebring in '93.  Car stopped dead and after we (TCNF convoy) "shot the
trouble" alongside the road we found that the shaft was just hanging at one
end - Whew!  that was luck.  Also noticed a month ago when doing routine
maintenance that the shaft was moving out again.  Put it back in and put some
silicone sealer at each end.  That was what prompted me to finally install
the original (with PC, of course :-)) that you had rebuilt for me last year.

If I had not been a "cheap Charlie" I would have just thrown out the gas in
the bowl and not dropped the damn thing on the floor.  :-).  Thanks again.
Regards.

Art