Re: TR4 Repro Fuel pump

To: ArthurK101@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 Repro Fuel pump
From: BPAULTR3@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 18:58:07 EST
In a message dated 3/12/2002 4:03:16 PM Mountain Standard Time,
ArthurK101@aol.com writes:

> " alongside the road we found that the shaft was just hanging at one
> end - Whew!  that was luck.  Also noticed a month ago when doing routine
> maintenance that the shaft was moving out again.

A workable fix is to 'peen' the ends of the shaft with a punch. Set it up on
an anvil with one end of the shaft on the anvil and center the punch in the
other (upper) end and give is a sharp blow with a BFH.  Should dimple the end
of the shaft ehough to expand it right at the end.  Turn it over and do the
other end.  This happened to me the day before leaving for Triumphest in 95.
The shaft held up fine till I sold that car last year.
Bob Paul
Corrales NM