Re: TR4 Repro Fuel pump

To: BPAULTR3@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 Repro Fuel pump
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 23:36:30 EST
In a message dated 12-Mar-02 18:58:07 Eastern Standard Time, BPAULTR3 writes:

> A workable fix is to 'peen' the ends of the shaft with a punch. Set it up on
> an anvil with one end of the shaft on the anvil and center the punch in the
> other (upper) end and give is a sharp blow with a BFH.  Should dimple the
> end of the shaft ehough to expand it right at the end.  Turn it over and do
> the other end.  This happened to me the day before leaving for Triumphest
> in 95.  The shaft held up fine till I sold that car last year.
> Bob Paul

Bob, Thanks.  You are correct.  I should have done that in '93.  Then I
wouldn't have found the same problem last month.  However, the original pumps
do not have the same problem.  Some engineer in the '60's had enough sense to
put the circlips on each end.

SO, no bitching on my part about those Triumph engineers of long ago. :-).

Art Kelly