strange email today, non-LBC

To: <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Subject: strange email today, non-LBC
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 22:27:28 -0000
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Jim Muller wrote:
Heads-up, everybody.  I received a very strange piece of email today.
It
was entitled "Internet Security Update" and claimed to be from
"Microsoft
Corporation Security Center".  It seems to have taken a path from
pfuckie
(whoever or whatever that is) to mailhost.mil.ameritech.net to one of
my
internet providers.  It contained an attachment named q216309.exe.

So far, I've received this four times. I was suspicious the first time
around and did nothing wit it. It came through again twice and I
deleted both. Then Norton reminded me yesterday that it was time for
the weekly update and the "M/S patch" came through again tonight, for
the fourth time. Norton immediately pounced on it and its now
quarantined. To be treated wit extreme caution I guess.

Jonmac
1970 Triumph 2.5PI MG4305DL(O) "Join the Power Elite" (from original
brochure)
1950 Ferguson TED20 152318 "Arguably the slowest product of The
Standard Motor Company"

IN THE SHADOW OF MY FATHER
http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/triumphbook
THE CROCUS AND A CORNFLOWER http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/crocus