Re: TR3A Fuel Pump Rebuild

Subject: Re: TR3A Fuel Pump Rebuild
From: Dennis & Bridget Lambert <blambert@socal.rr.com> (Unverified)
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 20:34:23 -0800
Cc: "Triumph Internet Mail List." <triumphs@autox.team.net>
The kit TRF now sells (part No.RKF1400) contains an oil seal.  I think, like
TeriAnn Wakeman described some time ago, they use a brake cylinder seal of some
sort - at least that is what it looked like to me when I saw the kit at
Triumphest this year.  I think Randall has a valid point about the need for oil
seals, however, as the (entire) two I have rebuilt didn't need new seals.  The
old ones were still serviceable, and it looked to me like just about anything in
there would do to keep the oil out .
Dennis