Re: List Courtesy

To: "levilevi" <levilevi@attbi.com>, "Tom Di Iulio" <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: List Courtesy
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 21:40:01 -0600
From: levilevi <levilevi@attbi.com>

>This probably goes into the expecting too much category but I've noticed
that
>some times responses I sent on posts have been met with stone silence.    I
>must caveat this rant and say MOST listers don't fall into that category,
>however.
>
>I don't think it's asking too much for an acknowledgement  (and I mean
>privately not necessarily to the list) that the response was at least
>received

My general rule (and I am not rigid about it, I'm sure) is that if a person
sends me private mail, I will acknowledge it to assure him I got it.  If it
is advice posted to the entire list, I generally don't reply unless I have
specific comments, since he knows it made it to the list when he sees it
come back.

I understand your frustration in not knowing if something reached a private
destination.  I often wonder about things I have sent privately, and think,
"would it KILL you to hit a reply key?"

Phil Ethier  West Side   Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
pethier@isd.net   http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org