TR3A Fuel Pump: Interesting

To: "Triumph Internet Mail List." <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3A Fuel Pump: Interesting
From: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 21:15:54 -0500
I took apart the original fuel pump that came with my TR3A (after
taking apart the spare I had) and found something I had never seen
in a AC fuel pump:  the valves were held in place by a plate that
was screwed into the housing. At first I thought someone got fed
up with the "pinch" method of securing the valves (a real bugger to
get them out when they are really secured), but after unscrewing the
plate it is clear this was designed this way. The rest of the
fuel pump is exactly like the spare one I have.  I was amazed that
after removing the plate, the valves just fell right out (which
has never happened with the best of luck with the other method).

Is this a very close looking fuel pump to the original TR3
pumps or was this standard with the TR3s?  Either way, it
sure makes changing the valves a breeze.

TIA

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6