I understand now

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: I understand now
From: David Templeton <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 22:44:01 -0500
Evening all,

Some of you have been following the trial and tribulations of the fuel
delivery problems I have been having on the tr3a as of late.

I would like to thank all for the advice I have received and would like you
all to know that the sediment bowl is full of gas!!!!  All I had to do was
put the gas can in the trunk ABOVE the level of the fuel pump. Six or seven
pumps of the priming lever and the gas flowed filling the bowl itself. Just
like syphoning gas in the old days.

So gravity is a major part of the fuel system. I guess this explains why
facing the car upwards on a slope is not a good thing.  Well I guess san
francisco is out of the question :-)

Again thanks to all and we continue to try and start the engine.

David A. Templeton
'59 tr3a - almost starting.