Re: Clutch fork cross shaft

To: jim wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clutch fork cross shaft
From: Dan Buettner <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 18:54:59 -0600
Jim --

Take a look at this page:
http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/technical/Clutch/ClutchForkPin/RemovingBrokenClutchForkPins.htm

It describes in detail how to deal with a broken pin.  The same site
also has a discussion of how to improve the clutch shaft setup at
http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/technical/Clutch/ClutchShaft/ClutchShaft.htm

If you do wind up sawing, the shaft is solid, but I think it must not
be hardened all the way through.  You'll still be sawing for a while
- ask me how I know.

HTH!

Dan