RE: Dumb question about the dreaded clunk

To: "'JEREMY CHINN'" <lagrue@hotmail.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Dumb question about the dreaded clunk
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 14:12:30 -0500
Jeremy,

I jacked up the car and removed my right rear wheel. I felt around at the
top of the frame cross member where the differential mount stud is. I could
feel that the stud had separated from the frame. This might not work in the
early stages, but it will after the problem has been there for a while.

- Hugh