Tranny questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Tranny questions
From: "JEREMY CHINN" <lagrue@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 18:29:53 FILETIME=[BB445D80:01C1CDE1]
I am still having difficulty with my recently rebuilt transmission. The
symptom is a very baulky downshift to 2nd gear. Sometimes the shift is
pretty good, othertimes it just won't go. Several have suggested that this
is because of poor quality synchronizer cups installed at the rebuild. The
other suggestions have mostly centered around poor tolerances related to the
thrust washers I put in on the main shaft.
I know all of these can be measured simply with the tranny top cover off.
What I cannot remember is if the top cover can be removed with the tranny
in-situ? (I would rather pull just the top cover and measure, than pully the
whole tranny because I live in an apartment complex and must 'rent' a
working space while the tranny is out-obviously, the shorter the time the
better!)

Thanks for any responses.

www.geocities.com/oppositelocksmith/home.html