TR6 Carbon Canister

Subject: TR6 Carbon Canister
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 14:35:29 -0500
I am busy cleaning engine bay parts in my TR6 while I wait and wait and wait
for the machine shop to work on my block and head.

My carbon canister was never hooked up properly. The vent from the gas tank
just ended at the hose coming out. I would like to make this thing work and
have several questions.

1. Is there a way to verify that it works?
2. I recall reading that you could refill it with aquarium filter charcoal.
How do you get the thing apart to do this? Are there other user-seviceable
parts?
3. There are two fittings on the top: one for the vacuum line and one for
the fuel tank vent. One the side near the bottom is a third larger fitting.
The Moss catalog shows this going to an anti-run-on valve on later models. I
don't have an anti-run-on valve. What do I do with this? Plug it, or leave
it as is?

Thanks in advance.

Hugh Fader