Brake problem resolved?

To: "Dave Massey" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "Michael Lunsford" <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>, "Paul Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>, "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Subject: Brake problem resolved?
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 19:52:41 -0500
Cc: <owner-6pack@autox.team.net>, "Triumphs@autox. Net" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Many thanks both in advance and in hopes of future success to Dave,
Michael, Paul and Randall for chipping in on my brake issue.  I'll tell
you what I found, but there is still one lingering question as well.  I
took the advice of the list that the actuator pin or rod might need
adjusting - note that it took a good night's rest for this to sink into
my head what this was.  So I removed the MC from the servo and did a
crude measurement of the actuating rod which was extended further than
specs called for.  I then tried to turn the nut on the actuating rod to
put the rod in spec, but turning the rod did not reduce the travel at
all.

I then went to plan B which was to insert two washers between the servo
and the MC. I haven't had the time to bleed the brakes and take it for a
test drive, but I expect the issue to be resolved.  I am still perplexed
at to why tightening the nut at the end of the rod on the servo did not
lessen the travel.  Any ideas?

However, I am comforted by the fact that Mike ran into this same issue
and solved this dilemma a year and half ago with the washer solution.

Thanks again.

R. Ashford Little II
www.geocities.com/ralittle2