Re: Carpet Sets

To: "Patrick Bitton" <pbitton@axess.com>, "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Seth Glassman" <sells2eat@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Carpet Sets
From: "Dixie" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 21:43:53 -0000
With referrence to the shipping cost from UK. I would suggest that the Royal
Mail website should be consulted. This web site is very informative with
aimail and surface charges clearly listed..This would indicate if the
supplier is trying to make up its profit margins.

The reverse scenario is the same from The US to UK, Victoria British want
stupid shipping prices to ship to UK. I consulted the USPS web site to check
on their prices for shipping and they bear no relation to prices quoted.

Another consideration is the method of packaging, here is an example.
On eBay I won an auction for a number of items for $2.00, yes two Dollars, I
was shocked to learn that the vendor wanted $27.00 for shipping to UK. As I
had the very same items to hand(in a dilapidated condition) I was able to
weigh them and calculate the shipping by using the USPS web site at $6.00!
The items had to be packed in a 'Bubble envelope' to achieve this rate.
Suprise, suprise the vendor refused to ship in this form and demanded
$27.00.

So my point is, check out the postal service web sites, they are there to be
seen by anyone, before you decide if shipping is too expensive. It may
afterall be the vendor boosting his profits.

Just my 2p for what it is worth,

Adrian
TR4A CT 64306 O