TR6 Fuel Problem

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Fuel Problem
From: "Arakelian, Peter" <arakelianp@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 13:41:43 -0800
<Yes sir I'm having a unique problem. I'm finding that my car is losing
power. I have a clear fuel filter before the fuel pump usually when you
start it up you can see sufficient fuel about 3/4 full, as the car runs
and drives around the car starts to cut out, it jerks as if it wants to
go then right back to running like crap. When you get out and look at
the fuel filter you find no fuel in it. Yet when you disconnect the
fuel pump at the carburetors gas fills the filter and pumps into a
container just find puts out about 2-3lbs.. I thought I may have a
clogged
gas tank are lines. ripped it all apart to find nothing wrong. Tank is
clean, lines are clean. Remove both carburetors and removed bowls to
find
no dirt restrictions into bowls. It almost acts like theres a build up
of
pressure forcing the gas to not flow.>

Could you have a tank venting problem?  Try opening the gas cap.  If you
feel the suction when you open it, you have a venting problem.  Or try
driving with the cap unlatched.  If this works you need to check the vent
lines.