RE: crack in firewall

To: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>, "'triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>, "Spitlist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: crack in firewall
From: "Jon" <triumph@bigolbear.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 16:16:46 -0500 >
Hi John,
I have 'em too (we all probably do if we looked...)on either side of the top
of the opening where the gearbox goes through the firewall.
http://68.82.60.47/Web/stresscrack_01.jpg  Stress cracks- they can be ground
down and welded. I was advised that mine most probably came from the
firewall flexing due to the poor condition of the floor pans, sills and
rockers.
Good Luck!
Jon
'77 (mostly) 1500 "Ol' Yeller"