^&*$%! Lucas!

To: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: ^&*$%! Lucas!
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 10:50:08 -0500
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "John Macartney"
>Not a question of 'lighten my darkness' but 'darken my lightness.'
Daisy's ignition warning light won't go out - ever!
I've completed a full re-wire (such as it is) fitted new ignition
switch, new voltage regulator and new dynamo. Checked, double checked
and re-checked again that every wire goes to the right place and is
connected exactly as per te original wiring diagram.
A suggestion yesterday was that I could do something "to energise the
system"
- or something like that?
At the moment, dynamo isn't charging, light won't go out and I'm
getting rather piddled off.
Any ideas, please?
<

John, I trust you have tried "polarizing" the dynamo.  You know, where you
disconnect the smaller wire (field) from the back of the dynamo and
momentarily touch a jumper between it and the battery "hot" terminal.

Or is the charging system significantly different than those on the motor
cars?

Cheers

Dave