Sacramento Run

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Sacramento Run
From: Bill Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 10:02:38 -0800
Hey 'FT', I can top that  <<G>>

        75F, Casper leaves the garage, top down, exhaust burbling, we
work our way down the hill on the way to Sacramento (60miles) at the
T instead of turning  left and heading for the freeway, which is only
20 miles away,we turn right and head up Camance Lake parkway, nice
smooth two lane county road, pickup CA 104 through Buena Vista and
Ione, then opt for the Ione cutoff road fast cruising with no
traffic, clipping apexes as AnnaBelle's knuckles are getting white on
the grab bar then up ahead disaster!!!  A rolling roadblock motorhome
puttering around the curves and up the hills barely making 50mph. As
I close in we top another hill and I can see "dotted yellow" line and
a view clear into the next county, mashing the pedal to the metal
Casper's torgue responds and away we go, by the time we are even with
the thing we are already at 4000rmp and climbing fast the sound from
the Monza system breaks the windshield on the Motorhome (just
kidding) and in a few seconds we are at 5000 rpm and 100 mph, at this
time I feel a very sharp pain in my right shoulder as AnnaBelle
punches me and yells "SLOW DOWN" and I of course respond....."yes
Dear". And we return to normal cruise configuration.
        We pick up CA16 and go onto Sacramento where we finally
encounter (a) traffic lights (b) lots of cars I flick on the fan
switch and the temp never goes above 180.  At a stop light a big
Harley pulls up, ridden by a bigger guy, black vest, tatoos, beard,
and...a big grin, with a "thumb up" he says " Looks like almost as
much fun as a Motorcycle" and you know, I have to agree.
The trip home is the reverse of the trip up, only this time I let
AnnaBelle drive and I end up being the one with white knuckles <<G>>
So our normal 60 mile 75 minute drive ends up being 80 miles and 100
minutes, but who cares.
        Casper never missed a lick,never overheated,and with the wind
in our hair and Monza exhaust growling we never missed hearing a
radio or CD, if we had on <G>
Sidescreens Rule!!

--
Bill Pugh