Re: ZAFER Triumph 12/50 ,LBC content not known

To: bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk, beaver@spillmanco.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ZAFER Triumph 12/50 ,LBC content not known
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 17:19:14 EST
In a message dated 3/30/2002 4:18:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk writes:

> This is one of those vehicles I have heard about, but this is the first time
> I've ever seen a picture. I can spot a few more Standard-Triumph components
> in there, the rear lights being Triumph 1300 FWD units, while I think the
> bonnet scoop may be taken from the Triumph 2000 Mk1. Unfortunately, the
> scan isn't clear enough to read much of the specification - I'd be very
> interested to know whether the wheelbase etc is the same as the Herald,

I couldn't quite read the wheelbase and such, either. But the engine spec's
are pure Herald 12/50, and brakes spec out to Vitesse 6 (9" disc front, 8"
drum rear). Steering wheel and column are also pure Herald, and most dash
instruments, controls and such are Herald or 1300. Wheels appear to be
"normal" Dunlop or Sankey, hubcaps are Herald, front side lamps are Herald
(or Spridget; either way, proprietary Lucas units).

Definitely in a class by itself at most Triumph meets, but certainly
acceptable at same. ;-)

--Andy

Andrew Mace, Vice President, Member Services
  and 10/Herald/Vitesse (Sports 6) Vehicle Consultant
The Vintage Triumph Register <www.vtr.org>