Re: Another Corvair Confession---No Triumph Content

To: tr4a1@prodigy.net, mporter@zianet.com, davidt@opentext.com
Subject: Re: Another Corvair Confession---No Triumph Content
From: Rosspemlee@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 20:50:23 EST
Cc: spitlist@gte.net, Rikrock@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi I'm Doug And I too had a Corvair. Not a rip-roaring Monza but a
Greenbrier, a really handy VW bus kind of a rig. The Previous owner, a GM
service rep, had a very nice camper conversion with water, Birch cabinets,
widow blinds and screens. All of this could be converted to a 3 seat bus in
about 30/45 minutes. Unfortunately it was constantly breaking down and you
had to remove most of the camper rig to get at the engine. I had it for two
years and it used up two transmissions, several belts, lots of oil, etc. Last
time I changed the tranny I discovered it was supposed to have a tranny
cooler mounted in the 1/4 panel. Car trans didn't have this feature.
I sold it for $200. and later that same day saw it on the Wash DC beltway,
burning merrily away---I waved!
Oh yeah wife says when you turned on the heater/defroster the w/s turned blue
and you got kind of dizzy driving it in cold weather.
Doug Ross
Rosebud Racecar