Lock washers

To: hfader@usa.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Lock washers
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 10:09:21 -0500
Hugh,
I went out and bought the boxes of 50, of 3/8" and 5/16". This for a TR3
mind. There are a ton of 3/8" on the front suspension, so you can use up
extras there, but I have quite a few 5/16" left. There are only a few 1/4"
here and there, not too many 7/16" as I recall.
But besides that, it's good to have them around. You'll find a use for
them, especially when you notice how thick they are now compared to the old
ones (strong looking).
Having the little boxes is great too because it helps keep them organized
better than baggies, what with being stackable and having the label right
on the top.
So, I would say, don't worry about overstock; it's better than  understock,
and we are talking pennies here after all
Finally, they look great against the black.
Regards,
Jim

From: Hugh Fader <>

I have seen advice to replace every lockwasher when rebuilding your engine.
My thought is to just buy a stock of them to have handy when I put my TR6
back together. It looks like I need an assortment of 5/16, 3/8, and 7/16
with few 1/4 and 1/2s. I don't want to overstock, but I don't want to count
them all either. Can anybody ballpark how many of each I should get? (Let
me know if I'm being rediculous too.)
- - Hugh