Re: Hydraulic Jack Recommendation

To: GGanoung@aol.com
Subject: Re: Hydraulic Jack Recommendation
From: jay_welch@juno.com
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 18:40:10 -0500
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
I recently stopped by a hydraulic jack repair shop to ask for a friend
what it would cost to have his jack repaired.  He said they only repair
or rebuild jacks made in the USA.  The jacks from China and the like are
throw-aways because they're just not made very well.  I have a 20 year
old ton and a half Craftsman (green and white) jack.  It raises anything
I have ever tried with ease.  This is a USA made jack.  I think all of
the new Craftsman jacks are Chinese.

Whatever jack you buy, be sure to support the car before attempting any
kind of service.  I was fortunate enough to survive a jack failure many
years ago and have heard many stories of people who did not.

Good luck.
Jay

>>Any recommendations on what to buy and where or more importantly, what
NOT to buy?