Re: Ballast vs non-ballasted ignition system

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Ballast vs non-ballasted ignition system
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 19:35:10 -0400
Cc: Ed Hutchinson <seah@sunyit.edu>, Triumphs@autox.team.net
I've been using a Lucas Sport Coil and Crane XR7 ignition in my TR3
since I finished it 3 years ago. Never a problem. I've just put the same
combination in my Stag, leaving out the original resistor. That seems to
work better than the XR7 and the original coil and resistor combination,
  but there's a possibility that the old coil was bad. That's the reason
I put in the Sport coil.

--
George Richardson
Wyvern - '57 Triumph TR3, TS15559LT