Re: Rover V8 into Triumph 2500

To: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>, <dean.addison@bigpond.com>
Subject: Re: Rover V8 into Triumph 2500
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 21:39:07 +0100
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>>Use both exhaust manifolds from a Rover P5B coupe, transpose them
side
>>for side and mount them so they exit forwards
>
>P5B parts are unfortunately quite rare here as compared with the P5B
saloon.
>Are both suitable or only the Coupe parts?

Don't see wy you shouldn't use saloon pipes, but the article didn't
specify why coupes were preferred.

>>Upgrade front and rear suspension with stiffer dampers and front
>>springs. Fit rear springs from a 2500 Estate.
>
>Again, the Estates are as rare as hens teeth here in Oz, which is
>unfortunate as they are truly great cars. I wouldn't mind one to haul
parts
>etc in. But, back to point, are there any alternative front springs
that
>would work?

I guess Terry O'Beirne could point you in the rigt direction on tat
issue

The PI saloons are not lacking in pace
>(or space and grace ;-), if you can score a Mk1 manual overdrive PI
you will
>have one of the very best grand tourers to ever come out of England
IMHO.

Amen to that - exccept for the fact tat I greatly doubt the majority
of trans-pond listers would agree to such heresy? I suppose it could
be because we kept the best for use within the Commonwealth? <g>

Cheers, John