RE: Desired product for filling Diffs and Trannys

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Desired product for filling Diffs and Trannys
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 10:57:04 -0700
Automotive transmissions are vented, otherwise the pressure buildup due to
heat would force the oil out past the seals.

I have seen on-off valves designed to be used in the crankcase drain, don't
see why you couldn't fit one here, pump the oil through it and then close
the valve.

Of course, my preferred solution is to use the earlier TR3 top cover, with
the dipstick and filler hole, but that might not be as attractive on the
later cars without the hole in the transmission tunnel.

Randall