Passive restraint system - Lap Belt fix No LBC content

To: "Vintage Racer's list" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Passive restraint system - Lap Belt fix No LBC content
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 16:55:08 -0600
Lists,

Does anyone know how to adapt a passive restraint system so that the lap belt
HAS to be fastened in order to start/drive the car.  If you've ever driven an
older car (pre 94 I guess ??) that has the motorized shoulder belt that moves
into place when you close the door then you know the type I'm talking about.
My son's car has that system and I strongly suspect he forgets to use the lap
belt (and I've done it myself a few times) so I'm either going to make it
idiot proof or buy him a car with airbags.  Obviously I'd prefer the cheaper
fix but I'll do what I have to do to make sure he's safe.

Thanks for the help.

Bud Rolofson
71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost Parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)