Passive restraint system - Lap Belt fix No LBC content

To: "levilevi" <levilevi@attbi.com>
Subject: Passive restraint system - Lap Belt fix No LBC content
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 19:14:28 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "[unknown]" <6pack@autox.team.net>, "[unknown]" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "Vintage Racer's list" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "levilevi"
>Does anyone know how to adapt a passive restraint system so that the lap
belt
HAS to be fastened in order to start/drive the car.  If you've ever driven
an
older car (pre 94 I guess ??) that has the motorized shoulder belt that
moves
into place when you close the door then you know the type I'm talking
about.
My son's car has that system and I strongly suspect he forgets to use the
lap
belt (and I've done it myself a few times) so I'm either going to make it
idiot proof or buy him a car with airbags.  Obviously I'd prefer the
cheaper
fix but I'll do what I have to do to make sure he's safe.
<

Bud, buy him a 74 TR6.  It already has that feature (if that is what you
want to call it.  Most folks find it just an agravation).

Perhaps someone on the list will sell you a module.  ;-)

Dave Massey
71 TR6
57 TR3
80 TR8