RE: Lamp ,Assembly Help

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Lamp ,Assembly Help
From: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 09:20:16 -0800
> There are eight of the single "Beehive" lamps on my Mark I GT6 - the kind
> with a rubber lamp holder which secures the glass lens and chrome
> bezel.  I
> have already scratched the new paint a couple times while installing the
> first lens and bezel.
> Does anyone know of a tool or technique I could use to reduce the
> chance of
> scratching the paint any more?

Ask at your local drugstore for a 'cuticle stick', which some people use to
push back their cuticle (that flap of skin that grows over the base of your
fingernails).

Personally, I just use a small flat-blade screwdriver (1/8" tip, 4" OAL).
Push one side of the lens under the lip of the rubber, then hold it firmly
against the rubber.  Put the screwdriver tip between the lip of the rubber
and the lens, so it pulls the lip away from the lens slightly, then move the
screwdriver around the lens, keeping it in the slot.  Sounds complicated,
but it's really easy once you've done it.  Repeat for the chrome trim.

Randall