Glovebox fitting woes

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Glovebox fitting woes
From: Chad Jester <triumph74tr6@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 13:36:36 -0800 (PST)
List,

This one has me flat out stumpped.  What should be one of the easiest
tasks of TR6 restoration has me stalled.  I can not get the new
cardboard glovebox to fit into the car.  I've tried almost everything.
I was just reaching for a 5 lb BFH to make shape adjustments with, but
I stopped and came inside....though I would tap the experience on the
list.  What is the trick??

This box appears to be too deep on the left side.  It needs to be
about 2" shallower....actually this wouldn't hurt across the entire
back of the box.

FYI - I bought this box from Rimmers.  It appears to be a universal
fit (RHD or LHD) because there are score marks on both side for the
light.  I have two of these boxes.  If this one is made wrong, then
they are both wrong, since the two I have appear to be identical.

TIA,

CHAD

CF15486U(O)