Glovebox fitting woes

To: Chad Jester <triumph74tr6@yahoo.com>
Subject: Glovebox fitting woes
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 09:45:54 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h02EnNcq023808
Message text written by Chad Jester
>This one has me flat out stumpped.  What should be one of the easiest
tasks of TR6 restoration has me stalled.  I can not get the new cardboard
glovebox to fit into the car.  I've tried almost everything.  I was just
reaching for a 5 lb BFH to make shape adjustments with, but I stopped and
came inside....though I would tap the experience on the list.  What is the
trick??

This box appears to be too deep on the left side.  It needs to be about 2"
shallower....actually this wouldn't hurt across the entire back of the box.
<

Chad, you may have to take the dash loose and move it forward an inch to
fit the box up in there.  I fitted a glove box into the TR3 and there was
no room to spare there, either.  Big box, though.

Good luck.

Dave