RE: Transmission Transplant

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Transmission Transplant
From: <britauto@ihpc.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 23:29:44 -0800
>> I found the stud in the service  manual and
>> it says I need three of them, there were NONE  when I removed  the
>> old TR4 transmission.

>The studs are different lengths for different transmissions, as the flange
>thickness changed more than once.  That may be why your DPO removed the
>studs.

Randall,

I resent that comment as I'm the DPO:-)  Only kidding....  Bill, I can't
remember what I did over 13 years ago when I installed the transmission (it
was the first time I did a Triumph).  I do remember being told that the
TR4-TR6 trans would bolt in only to find that you need to elongate the
mounting holes in the rear mount.  I found this out after I ruined my motor
mounts:-)

Bruce