Re: Oil Treatment question

To: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Treatment question
From: mporter@zianet.com
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 20:11:30 -0700
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Graham Stretch writes:

> Hi Folks
> Have any of you come across this brand before, any heads up on it, we were
> sent this as secretaries of the club and want to know if there are any good
> reasons for believing this? A lot of the press release (copied below) seems
> more like fiction than fact but my chemistry is not this advanced!

When I got to the part about reducing static electricity 98%, I did a quick
Google search. This might explain the big marketing push in the UK:

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/1999/9909/prolong.htm

Sounds like snake oil to me (and I'm not too sure about the lubricating
properties of snakes...). <smile>

Cheers, all.