Re: Oil Treatment question

To: mporter@zianet.com
Subject: Re: Oil Treatment question
From: jay_welch@juno.com
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 15:48:50 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I've read about Prolong.  I'm no chemist but it seems that chlorine is an
often used compound for protection in extreme pressure situations.  It is
(or was) used in aviation.  Problem is that chlorine is very corrosive
also.   The corrosion factor doesn't affect aviation applications very
much because the aviation engines are torn down often per stringent
scheduling but can be a problem in an automotive engine even if regular
oil changes are done.

Jay