Re: 1st car

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1st car
From: Raymond Hatfield <iron_horse819@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 06:43:42 -0800 (PST)
Ok, I guess I'll jump into this thread now. Though my first car wasn't anything
to brag about, after it came a string of cars that I wish I still owned.

My first car was going to be a '67 Cougar (had a deal worked out where $300 and
it was mine), but my stepfather forced me to buy his old car - a '66 Plymouth
Belvedere 4 dr. I hated that car, but I have to confess that it was very
reliable, and I kept it as a backup through several of the other cars I bought.
 The following is a list of the cars I had over the years that I wish I had
kept:

'69 Plymouth GTX (440 dual quad V8)(traded for Camaro)
'66 Pontiac GTO Coupe (428 Tri-Carb, 4-spd w/Hurst shifter)
(mother sold it out from under me just as I got it running for $150!)
'70 Chevy Camaro RS (stolen)
'65 Mustang coupe
'65 Plymouth Barracuda
'65 Pontiac Lemans convertible (first ragtop!)
'76 Triumph Spitfire (my first LBC)
'65 MGB (almost made me swear off LBC forever)

and of course my wife and I currently own two LBCs (which I'm not letting go
of!)

=====
Raymond L. Hatfield
'65 TR4A IRS, O/D, SAH Tuned "Chance"