Re: Rebuilding TR3 windshield

To: pleask@shaw.ca, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rebuilding TR3 windshield
From: Popnglo@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 07:00:31 EST
In my experience the glazing material at first seemed to be too thick. The
trick was to stretch it about 3/4" overlap (middle top). When stretched the
glass went in with some slight persuasion from a rubber mallet (and an extra
set of hands). Soapy water a a lubricant also helped. The part that was
stretched settled in without leaving any noticeable gap. You don't want to
stretch it too far otherwise the corners of the glass will rip the material.
I think that I posted my experience last year. Maybe you can check the
archives. I also had a fair amount of input from the list, so there may be
additional hints, if you check the archive.

Good Luck
Ed (58 TR3A)