Re: FW: TR6 rear brakes

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FW: TR6 rear brakes
From: Nicholas Froome <listreader@pvision.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 23:03:45 +0000
>Message text written by "R. Ashford Little II"
>>Hmm, Revington seems to imply that beefing up the rear brakes could lead
>>to premature rear axle failure.  Comments?
>>
>>R. Ashford Little II

I'd treat comments from Revingtons with great respect - they know a lot about
TRs and I have faith in their recommendations

>From what's quoted, I think the issue is hub breakage not braking-related
>failures. Hub breakage is more likely a product of power than braking, IMHO

The standard TR brakes on a TR4 are just about good enough for racing in my
experience. A racing TR6 might be going a bit quicker - so, for racing, better
brakes might be needed. I don't think he's implying this will lead to hub
failures - I think that the greater torque of a TR6 race engine, and the
cornering force generated by the sticky Yokohama 032Rs we love here, are more
the problem

Nick Froome
http://www.bolide.co.uk