Re: Installing Polyurethane Bushings

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Michael Thompson" <miket@rio.edu>
Subject: Re: Installing Polyurethane Bushings
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 21:14:28 -0700
I was advised to use marine bearing grease (for boat trailers).  I guess
because of some property I haven't figured out...doesn't regular old grease
stand up to water too, it certainly does on my hands?  Anyhow I used the
marine grease (it's blue in color for some reason).  I applied it, after the
PO had installed the bushings without ANY grease, by dabbing it where ever I
could so that gravity would work it into the bushings.  Never had a squeak
since...well at least from the polys.

Bud Rolofson
71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost Parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)