Re: Installing Polyurethane Bushings

To: "Darrell Walker" <darrellw@inetarena.com>, "tr list list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Installing Polyurethane Bushings
From: "ptegler@cablespeed" <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 13:17:18 -0500
The idea of a bush...is the 'twist' is induced
in the rubber rather than having metal rub
as parts move. So you want to grease all the surfaces that
contact a surface that moves against the bushing.
So... grease the outer body of the bush before you stuff
it in place, grease the metal tube in the middle (if it has one)
and grease the 'flat' ends.  Ha!  Well... I guess that means
yes... grease everything.    :-)

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com