Re: TR 2 Project

To: "Triumph TR2" <triumphtr2@direcway.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR 2 Project
From: "Dave Willner" <dwillner@icontech.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 09:02:51 -0500
Cameron,

I have a "late" 59 TR3A (rolled off the line 12/31/59) and was sold in early
1960. My commission number is TS65107L and the engine (original) number is
TS65173.

So I believe you do indeed have a 60 3A engine there, although your chassis
may be that of a 2s if the front drums are original. That wouldn't be
uncommon to have a later replacement engine in there. Not too sure of the
other chassis differences, I'm sure there are some though. The discs were
introduced around September of 1956.

Have fun, and good luck

Dave Willner
59 TR3A Apple Green