Re: Petrol Prices UK Large, and sorry to our non UK listers for this us

To: Graham Stretch <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Petrol Prices UK Large, and sorry to our non UK listers for this use of the list.
From: Ray <spook01@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 08:48:48 -0600
If you want the gasoline prices to drop, consider that a VERY great portion of
the cost of one litre of fuel in the UK, like many countries, is- wait for it-
TAX!
You would be better off contacting your MP with a scheme to cut social welfare
as well as other nice, but not necessary, fiascos.
Here in Tennessee we are paying 40 cents out of a $1.59 per gallon in tax.  In
the UK, it is far, far higher.
One large reason I don't live there anymore......
Best,
Ray

Subject: Petrol Prices UK Large, and sorry to our non UK listers for this use
of the list.

  Yes I know this has been about for a while but it might work!

  Subject: FW: Petrol Prices

  HERE WE GO AGAIN!

  We are going to hit close to 89p a litre by the summer.

  Want petrol prices to come down?
  We need to take some intelligent, united action.