TR3 thin belt conversion and MGB pulleys

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 thin belt conversion and MGB pulleys
From: francois wildi <fwildi@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 17:41:45 -0800 (PST)
Cc: vinttr4@geneseo.net
Listers,
Following a tip from Jack Drews, I strated gathering the bits and
pieces for a thin belt and alternator conversion of my TR3. He says
that you need the early 3-main engine MGB crank pulley that is 4 5/8"
in diameter. I have been hunting for one for quite some time now and
I have not been able to find any.
I have now been in touch with 2 different people who claim to have a
3-main MGB engine but they say the pulley is 5 1/8" (which is
supposed to be the latter type).

Is anyone knowledgeable about MGB's and can she/he help me?
Has anyone this pulley for sale?

Thanks
Francois, 'mild' spare engine comming along pretty well.