RE: Searching for HS6 carbs

To: Dave Willner <dwillner@icontech.com>, Bill Haenlin <whaenlin@carolina.rr.com>
Subject: RE: Searching for HS6 carbs
From: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 13:52:29 -0800
Cc: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> From what I can see, yes. They are also identical in every way to
> the carbs
> in the Moss TR3/4 catalogs, the exploded views. Again, I'm not an SU guru,
> but maybe someone on the list (i.e. Randall, Fred) knows what years the
> AUC6040's were fitted to? They are exactly like the ones on my 3A
> (TS65107L)
> with the 1 3/4" bodies.

AUC 6040 is the casting number for the body, so it will be the same for most
HS6 carbs.  I'm not sure that any of my reference material lists the casting
numbers, but I'll check tonight.

However, if they match visually, then most likely they are correct (or at
least will be after replacing the needle and spring).  Of course, only the
late TR4A's were fitted with HS6 carbs, the TR3 and early TR4 used H6, which
are different (and in fact there were 2 or 3 different models of H6 fitted
over the years).

Randall